Get up to date contact numbers, helpline hours and useful tips for calling the UK’s government agencies. We save you the time of searching through long FAQ lists with our call connection service.

Calls to 0843, 0844, 0845 numbers cost 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge; 0870, 0871 numbers cost 13p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. This is a call routing / call connection service and the company’s official phone numbers can be found for free in the public domain. We are not associated with any company or agency listed on our website while trademarks and logos are property of their respective owners.

Working Tax Credit is a state benefit in the United Kingdom that helps families or individuals that are on a low income salary. You must be over 16 years old to apply and it doesn’t matter if you’re working for a company in the UK or if you’re self employed, you can still benefit from this.

UK Border Agency is also known as UK Visas and Immigration. This is the government department that deals with people who want to work, visit, settle or study in the UK. Here you can find out if you need a visa for the UK, the rules on immigration and other operational guidelines.

The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) is an organisation based in the United Kingdom that regulates and processes applications for potential students wanting to enter colleges and universities in the UK

TV Licensing is the payment of the fee that the state broadcaster requests as a payment for it’s service to the British public. A TV Licence is required if you watch or record TV programmes on TV or on an online TV service. You are exempt from these charges if you’re over 74 years old.

Income Support is a benefit in the UK for people that are on a low income or no income at all. The criteria for this welfare is that you can claim only if you’re under the retirement/pension age, sick or disabled or a carer or a single parent of a child younger than 5 years old, on a low income and have less than £16000 in savings.

Student Finance is the government based finance option for students in the UK. Here you can find out more about loans, grants, bursaries and student finance. You can also check your payment dates, track your application and change your details.

HM Revenue & Customs is the government body responsible for ensuring public money is available for public services across the UK. The customs service enables legitimate trade across our borders and is vital in maintaining our social, economic and physical security.

The Employment and Support Allowance is financial aid in the case of a person being ill or disabled and unable to work. This agency was initially a combination of Income Support and Incapacity Benefit, but they now form part of the new agency.

HM Passport Office is the official UK government issuer of passports to United Kingdom citizens on behalf of the Crown. The Passport Office is also home to the General Register Office – which is responsible for civil registration services in England and Wales.

The Department for Work and Pensions implements and distributes Child Maintenance, Pensions and Welfare. This government body also encourages people to get back to work with various schemes such as “Universal Credit”, where you’re able to ensure you get more from working, than you would from claiming welfare.

The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency maintains the registers for drivers and various vehicles in the UK. You will need to contact the DVLA to enquire about drivers licences, vehicle registration and vehicle tax. The DVLA also has a large register of personalised vehicle registrations available online.

Disability Living Allowance is a benefit allowance for disabled people – focusing mostly on care costs and mobility. This tax-free benefit usually means you’re able to make other claims too. This is not a standard payment and the amount will depend on your circumstances and needs.

Child Tax Credit is a government organised benefit that assists with the economic side of raising a child in the UK. This is for people over the age of 16 that are responsible for raising a child. Children under 20 years old are supported, but over 16 years, must be in training or full-time education.

Child Support Agency is the government body responsible for implementing the Child Support Act of 1991. This ensures that single parents are supported financially. It collects, enforces and transfers Child Maintenance from the non-resident parent, to the parent who is looking after the child/children.

The Child Maintenance Service is the regulation of financial support for children that have one parent. This provides an official calculation and is the alternative to a “family-based arrangement” that is arranged without the help of the government. Calculation tool is available online.

The Carer’s Allowance is a welfare benefit for people to help them look after someone who needs to be cared for. You don’t need to be a relative of the person you’re caring for and you could also earn National Insurance credits each week towards your pension.

Maternity Allowance is allocated to women who don’t qualify for statutory maternity payments. The application for a claim can be made 26 weeks after conception and you could receive payments 11 weeks before the birth of the baby.

Jobcentre Plus is a tax-funded organisation that works with the unemployed in the UK, attempting to set them up with work and/or training. If you need to claim welfare while you look for a job, Your local Jobcentre Plus will be your point of call and your “check-in”.