Contact UK Border Agency UKBA Helpline
Customer Service Hours
Pro Tips for the UKBA / UK Visas and Immigration number callers
UK Border Agency now operates under the name – UK Visas and Immigration.
The UK Visas and Immigration website allows anyone from anywhere in the world to check if they need a visa to enter the United Kingdom. The advice offered from this government agency, is up to date and full of vital information for potential travellers, students, refugees and immigrants.
Visa processing times have improved significantly over the years and many countries have opted into a mutual ease of restrictions with regards to entry requirements.
As a professional, trained in most industries that are active in the UK, you stand a better chance of being offered permanent residence.
Study visas are popular in the United Kingdom as the UK hosts four out of six of the worlds’ most sought after universities.
The UK Visas and Immigration website has information on arriving in the UK, claiming asylum, EEA family permits, immigration appeals and legal advice.
Frequently asked questions
What do I need to settle in the UK?
There are several subjects that you can explore online. They are as follows:
- Applications to settle in the UK
- Biometric residence permits
- Return home voluntarily if you’re in the UK illegally
- Refugee status and humanitarian protection
- Proving your knowledge of the English language
- Taking the “Life in the UK” test
- Visas and immigration procedure guidance
What else does the Visas and Immigration department do?
UK Visas and Immigration have the following duties:
- Helping you check if you need a visa
- Visa application
- Standard UK visa processing
- Work visa processing
- Study visa processing
- Information on immigration rules
- Sponsorship management system
- Advice on immigration law
- Operational guidance
Can I report someone who I think is in the United Kingdom illegally?
Yes you can.. Just give UK Border Agency / UK Visas and Immigration a call and ask to report the person. You can also go online to the UK Visas and Immigration website and fill out the contact form related to reporting an illegal immigrant.
What is the process for wanting to visit the UK?
You will need to find out if you need a visa first. If so then the next step is finding out how to get approved for that visa.
You are entitled to apply for a visa (Standard Visitor visa) if you:
- Are taking part in business, partaking in a sporting event or an artistic project or concert
- Want to visit family and friends or simply see the UK as a tourist
- Need to visit for other reasons (medical treatment etc..)
If you have been to the UK before and had a visa of a different name, don’t worry.. the Standard Visa has replaced the following visas:
- General visitor visa
- Family visitor visa
- Child visitor visa
- Sports visitor visa
- Approved destination status visa
- Private medical treatment visa
- Entertainer visa
- Prospective entrepreneur visa
- Business visa