Contact Natwest Customer Service
Customer Service Hours
National Westminster Bank Plc, commonly known as NatWest, is the largest retail and commercial bank in the United Kingdom. Since 2000 it has been part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, ranked among the top 10 largest banks in the world by assets. It is considered one of the Big Four clearing banks.
Natwest Customer Service
You can call for all your enquiries and they are open 24/7.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
On 3 July 2015, the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) announced that from 1 January 2016, the level of FSCS protection for personal and small business depositors will be reduced from £85,000 to £75,000. This limit applies to a customer’s total deposits held with the bank.
The £75,000 deposit protection limit is applicable from 3 July 2015 for eligible depositors who were not previously protect by FSCS but who are now included within the scope of the Scheme (as of 3 July 2015).
This limit applies to a customer’s total deposits held with the bank.
Summary of key changes
The change for the compensation limit will not take effect until 1 January 2016. This means that until 31 December 2015 customers will continue to be protected up to £85,000.
Until 31 December 2015persons that have remaining balances of more than £75,000 with the bank will be able to lessen their balances by up to £10,000 without incurring an Early Closure Charge (including fixed rate products). For example, if your total balance across deposit holding products is: – £79,000 – you will be able to withdraw up to £4,000 without an Early Closure Charge.
– £85,000 – you will be able to withdraw up to £10,000 without an Early Closure Charge
– £115,000 – you will be able to withdraw up to £10,000 without an Early Closure Charge and any further withdrawal will be subject to the Early Closure Charge associated with the relevant product(s).
– £75,000 or less – Customers wishing to access funds in one of our fixed rate products early would incur an Early Closure Charge in line with the terms of the account.
The compensation limit, and the right to withdraw excess funds above the limit free of Early Closure Charge or loss of interest applies to money held in:
– All Current Accounts
– All Savings Accounts – including cash ISAs, Fixed Term Savings Accounts and Fixed Rate Bonds
– Eligible structured deposit accounts, for example AutoPilot
The brilliant basics of Online Banking
Make international payments online, Change your address online, View and Print statement when you need them, keep your money safe online and offline.
Login to Online Banking
- Can help you 24/7
- Pay people and Businesses online or on the move
- View and print your certificates of interest
- Online Banking is available to those aged 11 or over with a personal account.
Using A Card Reader In Online Banking
This will give you an extra layer of security, and you need one to set up some payments to pay bills or people, and to change your phone number online.
To order a card reader, login to Online Banking, choose ‘Security’ from the left hand menu, then choose ‘Order a card reader’.
Providing For Your Business’ Needs
Flexibility to suit your needs
Borrow from £1,000 up to £25,000 at a fixed rate. You know how much you’ll pay each month, allowing you to manage and cash flow in line with your plans. Terms are ranging from one year, up to ten years. Suitable for most types of small to medium sized businesses – from sole traders to partnerships and limited companies.
No Arrangement Fees
They don’t charge any arrangement fees for small business loans.
Borrowing That Suits Your Needs
Whether you want a quick cash injection or a longer-term loan to help your business grow, Small Business Loan could give you what you need.
If you have an Advantage Business Account with NatWest you can benefit from a 1% discount on borrowing rates.