Contact DVLA Customer Service


*Calls to 0844 numbers cost 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. This is a call routing / call connection service and the company’s official phone numbers can be found for free in the public domain. We are not associated with any company or agency listed on our website while trademarks and logos are property of their respective owners.

Customer Service Hours




Pro Tips for using the DVLA Contact Telephone Number:

DVLA has a myriad of services available. You are able to:

  • Get tax for your vehicle(s)
  • Replace a driving licensed
  • Check your driving licence information
  • Tell the DVLA that you have purchased or sold a vehicles
  • Give information or check information on medical conditions and disabilities
  • Take a registration number of a vehicles
  • Get a replacement logbook (V5C)
  • Set up a Direct Debit for vehicle tax

Revision materials for your theory driving test is available and it contains:

  • New sections for motorcyclists
  • A free e-book for car drivers with handy references throughout
  • Questions and answer tests to help you with revision
  • The Driving Standard Agency answers and explanations of those answers and revision questions.
  • A new look and a new approach to help potential drivers understand the course they’re learning instead of just parroting the answers.

The DVLA are consistently working on:

  • Customer satisfaction
  • Feedback on drivers license information
  • DVLA motoring
  • Over 70 – driving license renewal

The DVLA works alongside it’s stakeholders and the general British public to ensure they are leading the way in efficiency with regards to public services. Although a government organisation, the focus on a “paying customer” is treated as importantly as it would be in the private sector – if not more so.

If you would like to take part in the DVLA research panel, give them a call and sign up. You could be instrumental in making changes to the way DVLA handles it’s work.

Frequently asked questions when customers call the DVLA Contact Phone Number:

How do I tax my car?

You can do this online as long as you have either your V11 reminder, a V5C registration certificate or a V5C/2 (new owners certificate) or a SORN.

You can also apply by phone – speak to one of the DVLA advisors who will be able to guide you through the process.

You can also apply at a Post Office that deals with vehicle tax registration.

You will need the same forms as online, however, you may also be required to show your MOT certificate and a reduced pollution certificate (if applicable). Customers in Northern Ireland will also need an insurance certificate.

How do I put a registration on a car?

You can do this online, the following criteria must be met:

  • Your car must be registered with the DVLA
  • Be available for inspection
  • Be either taxed or have a SORN

Certain conditions are not allowed:

  • Putting a registration number on a “Q” registered vehicle
  • Make the vehicle seem newer than it is

I’ve purchased a new vehicle, what’s next?

You need to register the vehicle with the DVLA as soon as possible. This applies if you’re going to be driving, or if the vehicle is staying off-road – in this case, you’ll need a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification) certificate.

You need the latest certificate and the 11 digit number on the V5C. When acting on behalf of another buyer or seller, you need their permission.

Call or go online now to receive assistance with this process.