Contact DLA Helpline


*Calls to 0844 numbers cost 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. This is a call routing / call connection service and the company’s official phone numbers can be found for free in the public domain. We are not associated with any company or agency listed on our website while trademarks and logos are property of their respective owners.

Customer Service Hours




Pro Tips for those using our DLA / Disability living allowance contact number:

Disability Living Allowance is for individuals who need financial aid with care and mobility costs.

DLA is a tax free benefit

DLA is being phased out and is ending soon for people who were born after the 8th of April 1948.

If you were born before the 8th of April 1948, you can continue to receive payment from the DLA.

You can continue to receive the Disability Living Allowance until you are notified by letter from the Department of Work and Pension – which will invite you to apply for the new benefit called Personal Independence Payment or PIP.

There are two components to receiving DLA, the care component and the mobility component – and you could apply to claim both.

DLA can run alongside other benefits or tax credits. Call now or go online to find out if you’re eligible.

If there are any questions regarding your condition, you will be sent a letter from the DLA or from the Department of Work and Pensions, asking you to come in for an assessment. If you do not attend this assessment, you could loose this benefit.

Frequently asked questions from those who have used our DLA telephone number

How will I get paid?

Disability Living Allowance is paid every four weeks and this will be paid directly into your bank account.

Can I make a new DLA claim?

Yes you can, but only if you’re under sixteen years old. The new Personal Independence Payment can be applied for if you are over sixteen and born after the 8th of April 1948.

Am I eligible for the DLA mobility component?

You may be eligible if you have walking difficulties using your normal aid.

Ask yourself the following questions and if the answer is yes to any of them, you may apply for DLA:

  • Am I able to walk?
  • Can I only walk a short distance before it becomes too difficult?
  • Do I become too ill if I walk?

You might also be able to get DLA if you:

  • Don’t have feet or legs
  • Need to be assisted when walking outdoors
  • Have severe impairment either mentally of physically, that causes behavioural problems.
  • Are tested 100% blind and 80% (or more) deaf and need someone to assist you outside.

Am I eligible to receive the care component of DLA?

You may be able to claim if you meet the following criteria:

  • Need supervision in order for you and others to remain safe
  • Need someone there while you’re on dialysis
  • Can’t cook your own main meal of the day-to-day
  • Need assistance with chores around the house, like washing, cleaning dishes, making the bed, getting dressed, using the toilet, etc..

You can still claim if you don’t have someone doing these things for you.

When do I apply for a Personal Independence Payment and how?

After you receive your letter from the Department of Work and Pensions, you must apply within the 28 day application period.

If you don’t need the DLA or PIP any more, you need not apply – the benefit will expire.

What if my circumstances change?

You must let the Disability Benefits Centre know as soon as your circumstances change. This could be any of the following reasons for calling:

  • Condition changes
  • You go into care or into hospital
  • Change of Doctor
  • You’re imprisoned
  • You go abroad for a long time
  • You change name, address or bank details