Contact BT Customer Services
Customer Service Hours
Pro Tips for BT Customers:
Once you have set up your BT broadband connection, you can connect the following devices
- PC or Mac
- Games console
- Other devices
Ensure your device has it’s wireless (WiFi) option enabled and search for your BT broadband connection. One found, select the connection and you will be asked for the key or password, use the SSID or password provided (usually on a sticker on the bottom of your router). Alternatively, follow the on-screen instructions to connect.
If you’re having trouble setting up a wireless connection to any device or on any operating system, you can find simple instructions online, or give BT a call and customer service will be happy to help.
You can now set up Netflix directly from your BT remote control. Use your YouView remote control and select “menu”, navigate to “Players & Apps” and select the Netflix option. As long as you are connected to the internet through BT and have been for more than two hours, you’ll be able to access Netflix.
Frequently asked questions:
I have problems with my broadband connection, how can I fix this?
There are a few options to improve the connection:
- Switch your Hub off (and Openreach modem if you have one), wait five minutes. Turn on your Hub again (Turn on the Openreach modem before this if you have one). Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Check online to see if there is any work being done in your area that could effect your connection.
- Check all the plugs and cable to ensure everything is plugged in properly
- If you keep losing wireless connection, your BT Hub could be out of range
- Check to see if your phone line is working. Plug in a phone and attempt to make a call. If you cannot make a call, you won’t have a connection for your broadband.
- Check the troubleshooting wizard online – If you still have problems after trying these options, give customer service a call or ask for help on the forums online.
How do I report a fault?
To avoid paying a call-out and repair fee, check the service status in your area yourself by using the website and entering your phone number. This will give you details on any work being done in your areas or if your line is effected by any else (weather, etc..). Otherwise you could end up paying £129.99 for an engineer to come out to you.
Any damage to outdoor junction boxes and equipment, overhead wires or telephone poles, is managed and repaired by BT Openreach.
For other problems with your phone, broadband or TV – follow the easy to understand troubleshooting steps online before you call an engineer.
How do I track an order?
Log into your BT account with your BT ID (usually email address). You can track your order from your account.
If you don’t have an account yet, use the reference number of the order and your postcode.